Thursday, December 5, 2013

Keep your emotions in check!

Hey folks, 
We had another down day in the markets and the day trading environment for the long side is challenging but there are still opportunities out there. Yesterday we took $ABIO off the open scaled out half on the spike and then I held shares nearly the entire day for an EOD pop. That pop turned into a fade and I scaled out the last half for a 1 cent gain. It wasn't a home run day but it was a solid single. 

One of the most important things you can do is recognize your emotional roller coaster you can use those emotions as a red flag indicator. Learning to take action not based on how you are feeling but taking the action that makes intellectual and financial sense. When I start thinking I am a genius in a trade that usually is when I take money off the table. I look at stock charts as emotional maps. I try to identify with how a person would be feeling emotionally if they were a long term holder and often times that leads me to some pretty amazing opportunities.    

Protecting your capital is the number one goal. If you have a plan , keep your emotions in check and stay disciplined. The likelihood of you being a successful trader will be far greater. 


Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$PLUG continuation?, $CBMX careful with this one it can be a pop n flopper wait for a setup, $ACHN moving a little premarket decent daily , $IDRA continuation?, $CALI is flyin it also can be a pop and flopper, $LIVE pr decent daily, $ISS pr china company daily not bad, $ARIS new nasdaq listing from OTC,  $DYAX pr,    

Shippers could be in play again 

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -1.5% to 15177. Hong Kong -0.1% to 23713. China -0.2%to 2247. India +1.2% to 20958.
In Europe, at midday, London flat. Paris -0.1%. Frankfurt +0.1%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.1%. S&P flat. Nasdaq +0.1%. Crude +0.4% to $97.59. Gold -1.1% to $1233.60.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -1 bps at 2.83%
Notable earnings before today's open: CONNDGFRANJOSBKR,MEIRYSOLTDTITN
Notable earnings after today's close: AMBACOODMNDFIVEFNSR,PSUNULTAZUMZ
 “Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength

  $ZLTQ, $USU, $DRRX, $MERU, $IDRA, $STXS, OFIX, $OVRL, LIOX, $MPAA, PRTS,$SBOTF, $OMCL, $BBRY, $AMPE, $ONCY, $HZO, $ATRM, $PVG, $PTIX, $GST, $GRO, $ROX, $PACB, $ZGNX, $KGJI, $RNA, $OESX, $SFXE, $TGS, 

 $SVU, $QTWW, $UNIS, $SCON, $DXLG, $ROSG, $GALE, $KNDI, $NAVB. $IMMU,$CTYR, $NBY, $GPT, $GEVO, $DVAX, $ALDW, $MEA, $CERS, $VRNG, URRE, $PRAN, MHR, $ETAK,$TASR, $IMMU $EXTR, $ONVO, $TASR, $ARIA $IRDM $CHTP $TROV , $GNVC, ABIO 


Potential swings and recent starters

$JBLU, RAD, $SIRI, $AMD, $HLS, $ASX, $ALU, $NOK, $CGEN, $FSS, $SMCI, CY, $GRPN $MGM, $MNKD
$ARWR $MITK $CUR, 

Good luck trading today 

No comments:

Post a Comment