Friday, November 1, 2013

Its a new month





Hey folks its a new month and a new day,
The markets have been a little challenging but there are winners out there. It  takes a good 
 eye for setups, an exit and entry plan, patience, discipline and execution to be a winner. Not every trade will be a winner but if you stay disciplined and keep your losing trades small > preferably 1% or less. In the end your winners should come out on top. 

Earnings season continues to offer some great opportunities. Breakouts have been more challenging to play because of the choppy market . Intraday bounce plays seem to offer better results. 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$DRAD Earnings decent daily, $ACAD pr nice daily, $AMPE possible bounce play off 20 day, $$XOMA pr yesterday and nice bounce back, $OCLR pr decent daily, $NQ continuation, $GST nice daily, $OSIR earnings play , 

SOLARS could be in play again off $FSLR earnings  
$RSOL, $YGE, $HSOL, $LDK, $CSIQ, $SOL, $CSUN, $SCTY, $JKS , $STRI 
Keep an eye on shippers as well 
$DRYS $FRO $GNK seem to be active premarket

“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength

 $MGM $TASR< $VRNG , $OXBT , $QTWW, $MEET, $OPK, $PIP, $OTIV, $LYV, $KTOS , $NCIT, $IMMU, $OIBR, $WYY, $BONE, $BONA, $NQ, $CECO, $COCO, $JBLU, $ALU, $SIRI, $RAD  

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -0.9% to 14202. Hong Kong +0.2% to 23250. China+0.4% to 2150. India +0.15% to 21197.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.1%. Paris -0.4%. Frankfurt -0.2%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.2%. S&P +0.1%. Nasdaq +0.2%. Crude flat at $96.41. Gold -0.35% to $1318.90.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -1 bps to 2.57%.
Today's economic calendar:
Auto sales
8:58 PMI Manufacturing Index
10:00 ISM Manufacturing Index
Notable earnings before today's open: ACWALEAXLBPLBRKR,CBOECHDCVICVRRCVXGELGWRIPGPMSGNCTNEENRFNVE,OAKOMGPORRUTHSPRUANUPL,USMWCGXLS
Good luck trading today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment