Friday, November 15, 2013

Don't try to be a jack of all trades

Good morning Folks, 
I get emails, texts, twits,tweets, direct messages and phone calls almost daily from people searching for the magic answer. Wanting that silver bullet>>>That one thing that I can tell them that will make them stop losing money on trades and make them an overnight success.

 As much as I would like to be the Yoda of trading and life. The reality is, the answer lies within yourself. 

There is no magic bullet it requires sacrifice, patience, planning, lots of hard work,  and DISCIPLINE!

 This is not an easy profession 90 percent of traders fail or barely make a living. I don't say that to scare you away or suggest that you can't do it. I firmly believe that you can. I am living proof that it can be done. This didn't happen for me overnight and it certainly didn't happen without pain and suffering.

 I keep pounding the table on having a plan, knowing what type of trader you are and what type of trade you are taking, what your intent is, where you ideal entry is, where you first target is, where you will bail if it goes against you. Don't chase, try not to follow other traders, find your own trades, see your own setups play them according to YOUR plan.

If there is one thing that I can suggest and I think it can make a huge difference in your performance > try to master ONE type of trade. 

You decide what that trade is, whether its a flag breakout, or a snapback play, The Dolla holla play, Flat top break out. Find the trade that you are most comfortable with and the one that you seem to be most consistent with. If you are more of a swing trader then focus solely on swings. Search out your type of trade and do it ten thousand times until you master it.

I truly want everyone to be successful at this, especially those that I feel are just as passionate as I am about this career. If I could, I would wave my magic wand and make that happen unfortunately I do not possess that kind of power but I will do all I can to help guide you in the right direction. 

The market was still pretty choppy and it was challenging for a lot of traders yesterday. I was fortunate that I focused on $CREG right off the open and that set the pace for a good day. I Also scaled out of a couple of my swings booking some profit in $OTIV and I took a little more off of $LEE and $PRMW.

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye 

$VNDA pr I know everybody and their brother will be on this one still had to mention it, $BSPM earnings it has already had a nice pop but may have more in it,$AMCF earnings china name decent daily thin on, $SKBI another thin one off earnings, $CTIC pr don't chase it but definitely keep an eye on it,   $FONR earnings 20 ma bounce thin float, $SGMO pr testing 20 day could continue to bounce, $INO continuation?, 

 Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +1.9% to 15166. Hong Kong +1.7% to 23032. China+1.7% to 2136. India closed.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.4%. Paris +0.2%. Frankfurt +0.1%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.2%. S&P +0.2%. Nasdaq +0.2%. Crude +0.05%to $93.81. Gold -0.3% to $1281.90.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -2 bps to 2.71%.
Notable earnings before today's open: MMS
“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength


 $PRTS,  QTWW, $RAD, $ROIAK, $BTX, $LEDS, $RVLT, $RSOL, $CLSN, $ANR, $HSOL, $CRY, $GALE, $ZLTQ, $SPEX, $TASR, $SOCL, $KERX, $OPK, $EXTR, $ZHNE,   $MGM, $MPEL, $MTL,  $LEE, $BEAT, $VRNG $OMEX, $JBLU, $FOE, $SUPN, $FRM, $EGY, $ARAY, $CADX, $ACFN, $RMTI, $CPE, $BEAT, $OCLR, $LXRX, $DRAD, $ETFC, $SGEN, $PACB, $WHX, $ONVO, $PVA

$FXEN, $ZLCs, $YUME, $NURO, $SGOC, $TEAR, $TROV, $ARTX, $ICAD, $PTX, $GURE, $HZNP, $IDN, $PATH, $HALO, $ARNA, $CLNT, $BIOD, $OSUR, $SSH, $AMPE, $REFR, $EXAS, $CHTP, $PDLI, $CUR, $PRAN, $MITK, $CAK, $ZLC,

Good luck trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment