Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Keep your eyes on the ball!


The market was tricky yesterday as we consolidated after our gap up on Friday. There is no need to try and force a trade in market action like this. Sometimes your best trade is the one you don't take. So be very selective and keep your eye on the ball. 
                                  There is lots of trickery out there don't get caught up in it .

BE Cautious of head fakes on stocks that are set to report earnings EXAMPLE  >>$RSH had a nice surge yesterday  at around 3:30  popping from 3.15 to nearly 3.90 giving the appearance that someone knew something and the earings were going to be stellar. By the time the market closed it was 3.53 and this morning after reporting earnings its @ 3.27. $RSH reported a loss wider than expected.  

 I am not saying you can't play the pop just make sure you are all out or you have at least taken nearly all your gains before the EOD if earnings are on deck.  

Don't chase wait for your setup and make sure you book profits and keep losses small if the trade goes against you. 
I only took two trades yesterday One in $HZNP after a pullback and one in $TPI. I also scaled out of some swings booking the profit. 

Miners could be in play off $FCX earnings and defense off of $LMT 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye 
$OBXT  look for it to setup after it settles careful thin, $DRRX and $PTIE active premarket, $ONCY pr nice daily, $ONVO pr,   

“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$AUDC, $PIP, $SIRI, $BIOL, $ZIXI, $HZNP, $ZHNE, $ZAZA , $CRIS, $ANAC $QTWW, $OIBR, $UNIS , $OPXA. $OCLR, $CY, $BBRY, $KWK, $KGJI, $HTCH $IVAN, $NEON 

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +0.1% to 14713. Hong Kong -0.5% to 23316. China -0.8% to 2211. India -0.1% to 20865.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.2%. Paris flat. Frankfurt -0.1%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow flat. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq flat. Crude -0.3% to $98.96. Gold -0.3% to $1311.8.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.61%.
Notable earnings before today's open: AKSARMHCITCNCCOHCSLDALDDEMCENTGFCXFMER,FRXGNTXHOGIDXXIRWDITWKMBLMTLRYLXKMHFINUSNVSPCHPIIPNRRRAIRFRSH,SIAL,SNVSTTTRVUTXWATWHRWIT
Notable earnings after today's close: ABAXACEAECALTRAMGNAPOLBCRBRCMCBSTCLSCNI,CREEDTLKFBCFTIFULTGLFHAIRBTJNPRMTSNNBRPACBPNRARFMDRHISTMTSSUISUSNA,VASCVOCSWCNXOOMZIXI

Good luck trading today !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment