Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Attitude makes all the difference to me!







Yesterday was another tough day from a day trader perspective for me. I managed to pull out a profit for the day with a bounce trade in $IMMU and a scalp trade in $PRKR. I sat on my hands most of the day as there just wasn't anything out there that was screaming for me to get involved. 

We are in the thick of earnings and results are mixed so far. We are now near market highs with many of the indexes up several days in a row. We seem to be stalling a bit and the action has been very choppy.  

In this type of action you have to wait for your opportunity and be quick with your strikes and If you have swings with gains don't be afraid to take profits.

 Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye
$MTSN earning beat decent daily getting extended though, $SIFY earnings pop and flopper daily extended, $STXS pr decent daily thin stock it can run, $FDML big beat earnings gapper wait for a setup,  

“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$AUDC, $PIP, $SIRI, $BIOL, $ZIXI, $HZNP, $ZHNE, $ZAZA , $CRIS, $ANAC $QTWW, $OIBR, $UNIS , $OPXA. $OCLR, $CY, $BBRY, $KWK, $KGJI, $HTCH $IVAN, $NEON, $PRKR , $IMMU  

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -1.9% to 14426. Hong Kong -1.4% to 23000. China-1.25% to 2183. India -0.5% to 20768.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.5%. Paris -0.9%. Frankfurt -0.4%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.5%. S&P -0.6%. Nasdaq -0.6%. Crude -1.6%to $97.62. Gold -0.7% to $1333.10.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -2 bps to 2.5%.
Today's economic calendar:
7:00 MBA Mortgage Applications
8:30 Import/Export Prices
9:00 FHFA House Price Index


10:30 EIA Petroleum Inventories
Notable earnings before today's open: AEPAMAGARGATIBA,BEAVBMYBPOPCATCKSWCMCCPDPSEATECAEDUFDMLGD,GRAHCBKJAKKLADLCCLLLLY,LOMDCOMOLXMSAMSIMTH,NDAQNLSNNOCNSCNYCBOCOCROSISPLDRESSIXTMO,TUPWLPWYN
Notable earnings after today's close: AEMAIZAKAMALGTANGI,ASGNAVBBDNCAKECDNSCLGXCMOCMRECTXSCVAEFX,EGHTEQIXESVETFCEVRFBHSFFIVFIOFOE,FTNTGGGHRC,INFNKFNLOGILRCXLSIMLNXNOWNXPIORLYPLCMPLXSQDEL,QTMRESCISGMOSKXSLGSRCLSTMPSUSQSWFTSYMCT,TALTCBITERTEXTMKTQNTTRIPTSCOTYLVARWLLWRE
Good luck Trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment