Thursday, October 24, 2013

Adversity>> ain't nothing but a thang!

Adversity causes some to break, and others to break records.

So the picture seemed kind of appropriate for the month. Looks a little spooky if you ask me.
Yesterday was one of those record breaking days for me. I had some really nice trades in $STXS $IMMU $MEET and I scaled out more of my $QTWW swing.

You know you are having a good time when you get half way through the trading day and you just notice the overall market is red. 

There are all kinds of good looking setups out there which makes sense because many charts are primed to make a move in either direction. They are just waiting on something fundamental like maybe>>>>>>>>> EARNINGS to determine which direction that will be. 

That makes earnings season fun. However it can also make it challenging, sometimes the earnings are already priced in or the earnings can be great for the last quarter and lowered for the next through weak guidance. The company itself could be sand bagging in order to make it easier for them to meet or beat earnings next quarter. 

When playing earnings or any press release don't just react and jump on board for what appears to be good news. Watch the stock let it open and digest the news. Eventually, the price action and volume will tell you what you need to know. If the news really is a surprise and better than expected there will be an opportunity to get in for the ride you just have to be patient and wait for the setup.

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$JRCC I like the daily, $NAVB bouncing? , $NEO continuation? earnings past, $HALO nice daily, $AVEO daily not bad, $KUTV low volume pullback to the 20 day, $GURE same low vol pullback, $BONA Same set up, $STXS continuation?, $CRRS hot daily coiling right under the 50 day, $BEAT hot daily, $MMSI earnings beat ,



“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$AUDC, $PIP, $SIRI, $BIOL, $ZIXI, $HZNP, $ZHNE, $ZAZA , $CRIS, $ANAC $QTWW, $OIBR, $UNIS , $OPXA. $OCLR, $CY, $BBRY, $KWK, $KGJI, $HTCH $IVAN, $NEON, $PRKR , $IMMU, $MY, $ONVO $FCEL, $RMTI    


Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +0.4% to 14486. Hong Kong -0.7% to 22836. China-0.8% to 2165. India -0.2% to 20725.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.4%. Paris +0.2%. Frankfurt +0.6%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.4%. S&P +0.4%. Nasdaq +0.4%. Crude +0.4% to $97.27. Gold +0.1% to $1335.90.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.51%

Notable earnings before today's open: ABABBACATAIXGALK,ALVALXNANASPSAVTBCBENBGBLLBMSBSXCABCAJCAM,CCECELGCFXCLCLICMSCRICSCSHCVECWEIDFTDLX,DNKNDODOWDSTELNEQMEQTERICESIFFAFFLIRGGGNC,GNRCHEROHOTHSYICLRIMAXIPJNSKKRKMTLAZLEGLTM,LUVMCKMDPMDSOMGIMJNMMMMONBLODFLORIPACRPCP,PDSPHMPOTPTENPVRQSIIRCIRCLRDWRRSRTNRYNSEIC,SHPGSIRISJRSLABSTCTDYTKRTROWUAUFSUSGVCIVDSI,VLYVNTVWABWCCWRLDXELXRXYNDXZMH
Notable earnings after today's close: AANAFOPAHTAMCCAMZN,BASBCOVBJRIBLDRBMRNCACBCERNCINFCLFCOGCOLM,CPWRCTCTDECKDVECHOELYEMNESRXFETFIIFLSFRFSL,GRTIMINAPINFAKBRKLACLOGMLSCCMCRSMKTOMSFT,MTWMXIMNNCRNRNTGROUTRPFGPOLQLGCRGCRMDSIMO,SPNSYNATCOTHRXVRVRSNWDCWOOFWYNNZNGA

Good Luck Trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment