Friday, March 7, 2014

Change is hard!

Good morning folks, 
Yesterday was a challenging day for me and quite an uneventful one as I was tweaking the new trading platform nearly all day to try and get to place where I was satisfied with it. I was a little gun shy and only took a few trades. A couple of scalps and one decent trade in $PXLW. I should have had a great day from the looks of my scans but in the end it was just mediocre. I will probably spend today doing the final touches to the new platform and getting used to the change. After watching the news last night it doesn't appear that this thing in Ukraine is over. I am still concerned about a market pullback and have built a nice cash position. The indexes really look to me like they are reaching a topping out point but who knows. The markets have a tendency to make me looks like a fool and its hard to argue that the market has been very strong. I would suggest that the $IBB appears to be rolling over a bit so caution is advised. Lets see what the employment report has to say it could set the tone for the day. 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye
$SKUL earnings beat and raised guidance, $CNTF continuation, $RMTI nice daily, $ALIM nice daily, $PRTS earnings very thin one like the daily though, $QTWW looking to pick it up again for a swing on weakness liked the earnings call, $IVAN testing 200 day, $ZOOM pr china name pop and flopper so be careful, $CYNI continuation?, $KTOS like the daily more of a swing pr, $RDHL pr nice daily EXTREMELY thin caution, , $ANGO pr nice daily, $WYY pr Nice daily, $NWBO pr 20 day bounce pr is kinda mixed so I wouldn't chase it, $ACHN pr Moving average bounce?, $NAVB like the daily looking for continuation off upgrade      

Solars look pretty hot $YGE $HSOL, $GTAT, 
Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +0.9% to 15274. Hong Kong -0.2% to 22660. China -0.1% to 2058. India +1.9% to 21920.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.3%. Paris -0.3%. Frankfurt -0.8%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.05%. S&P +0.05%. Nasdaq flat. Crude +0.1% to $101.66. Gold -0.2% to $1348.60.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -1 bps at 2.73%.
Today's economic calendar:
8:30 Trade Balance
8:30 Nonfarm Payrolls
3:00 PM Consumer Credit
Notable earnings before today's open: BIGFLPPHMPWESUPVLPWMC
 Good Luck Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment