Friday, December 13, 2013

Maybe next week

Good morning Folks,
Yesterday was, well lets just say it was>>>>>>>> FANTASTIC! 
It was one of those" in the matrix" kind of days and even though the markets struggled
there were plenty of opportunities to go long. 

We took advantage of those opportunities and capitalized on several.
 $CYTR was one I took home with me from Wed that really performed well. 
I also took trades in $IDRA and $BAXS. $IDRA was another powerful winner and $BAXS was my dog of the day. $BAXS was my fault it was a poor entry and I knew it when I took it. Fortunately I managed the trade well and only took a small loss. The other two trades more than compensated for that little mishap. It just shows you that, no matter what the market is doing, if you are patient you can find opportunities to participate in. 
Other plays out there were $JBLU, $MILL, $SRPT, $GNVC, $PNTR,$ZN I just missed my entry in the names.
The Santa clause rally certainly did not begin this week like I thought it might in this weekends video. Two weeks ago I wrote that the Santa Clause Rally historically occurs the last 5 days of December and the first two days of January. It appears that this year may be follow that same path. 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye 

$CNDO pr after the close, $PACB nice daily active yesterday before the close, $IDRA and $CYTR red to green plays just quick scalps, $ETRM active yesterday nice flag on the daily, $AXAS 50 ma bounce?, $OPXA like the daily, $PVG pr nice daily, $ETAK active premarket, 
$ZN red to green?, $ACHN moving average bounce play?, $CLSN pr, $MACK pr  

$ATHX just read a pretty compelling article @ Seeking Alpha http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/15280302-u-s-biotech-investor/2403762-a-comprehensive-look-at-athersys I like the daily for a potential 50DMA bounce 

3 D Printer companies could be hot after $VJET Fast money appearance 

 Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +0.4% to 15403. Hong Kong +0.1% to 23246. China -0.3% to 2196. India -1% to 20716.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.2%. Paris +0.4%. Frankfurt +0.3%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.3%. S&P +0.4%. Nasdaq +0.4%. Crude -0.4% to $97.11. Gold -0.1% to $1223.30.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.89%.
Today's economic calendar:
8:30 Producer Price Index

“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength

$ICLD, $LEI, $CECE, $OGEN, $EVC, $ALJ,  $ETAK, $ARTX, $PGNX, $GERN, $GURE, $PME, TNXP, $GTN, CBET, $NIHD, $DVR, $MITK, $EBR. FCEL, LIQT, $LTS, $ENZN $ATOS, $UQM, $DEPO, $NEO, $DSCO, $ADXS, $UIHC, $IDIX, $CYTK, $MNKD, $RSYS, $LOJN, $CBR, $AMCF, $BORN, $ICAD, $TRIT, $PRIS, $VISN, $AUXL, $CREG, $CRDS, $EGY, $QUIK, $GFIG, $ZHNE, $LRAD, $KNDI, $OPK, $MLNK  $SIRI, $MGM, $QTWW, $EXTR   
$OTIV 

Starting something new
 I will be doing videos for Swing positions both current and for stocks that are on my radar. These are often higher priced stocks with really sweet looking setups. These videos will be posted each weekend in @Noanettraders "trader education for members." Noanet is an excellent trader and he has a fantastic service where you can sign up for a free 5 day trial. If you haven't already, go by and check it out and this is where you will find my swing videos. http://www.noanettrader.com/
Good luck Trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment