Thursday, December 19, 2013

Best of both worlds !

Big Ben's exits gracefully and it appears his prayers were answered!

Good morning folks, 
Yesterday I said that if the fed tapers don't panic because it may already be priced in. Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut and yesterday played out exactly like I thought it might. It turned out to be a case of bad new (the dreaded tapering) turned out to be good news (the economy must be getting better).  The markets had their best single day performance in quite some time and the Santa Clause rally appears to be in effect.  The SP-500 bounced off the 50 day like a trampoline. It looks like it was just the right amount of tapering and the market responded with great strength.

I think the markets could be pretty fun into the end of the year. 
I wouldn't go crazy jumping into things with reckless abandon. You still need to have a plan for each trade, manage your trades and keep your emotions in check. Book profits on the way up and keep losses small. 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye 

Red to green plays could be a plenty after that big move in the market

$VISN red to green , $CYTR red to green $CHTP red to green $ARIA red to green, $OTIV love the daily, $ALIM PR thin stock, $PSDV pr thin stock, $AKS great daily earnings beat and a very beaten down stock, $RAD earnings looking for entry for swing on this pullback, $GILT pr Very thin, $OXBT pr 50 ma bounce, $FUEL recent IPO> upgrade , $CDTI pr   careful can be a pop and flopper, $GRPN active premarket, 

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +1.7% to 15859. Hong Kong -1.1% to 22889. China-0.95% to 2128. India -0.7% to 20709.
In Europe, at midday, London +1%. Paris +1.4%. Frankfurt +1.4%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.1%. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq -0.2%. Crude -0.2%to $97.64. Gold -2.45% to $1204.70.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.89%.
Notable earnings before today's open: ACNBRLICAGCCLDRIKBH,NEOGPIRRADSCHLWGOWOR

Notable earnings after today's close: AIRCTASNKERHTTIBX


“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$ICLD, $LEI, $CECE, $OGEN, $EVC, $ALJ,  $ETAK, $ARTX, $PGNX, $GERN, $GURE, $PME, TNXP, $GTN, CBET, $NIHD, $DVR, $MITK, $EBR. FCEL, LIQT, $LTS, $ENZN  $UQM, $DEPO, $NEO, $DSCO, $ADXS, $UIHC, $IDIX, $CYTK, $MNKD, $RSYS, $LOJN, $CBR, $AMCF, $BORN, $ICAD, $TRIT, $PRIS, $VISN, $AUXL, $CREG, $CRDS, $EGY, $QUIK, $GFIG, $ZHNE, $LRAD, $KNDI, $OPK, $MLNK  $SIRI, $MGM, $QTWW, $EXTR, $OTIV $OPXA $VNDA, $KIOR, $YRCW, $PLUG, $FCEL, $SGOC     
$ARWR $ARAY< $ETRM $IMMU $FREE,$CNDO, $CCIH, $GOMO, $BWEN, $ACST, $CAMT, $PRGN, $TNK, $PACB, $WPCS, $OMER, $IPCI, $DRYS, $UNIS, $VRNG, $QUIK
$S $AKS, $AXU, $CBR, $ESEA, $BALT $RVLT $CTCT

Starting something new
 I will be doing videos for Swing positions both current and for stocks that are on my radar. These are often higher priced stocks with really sweet looking setups. These videos will be posted each weekend in @Noanettraders "trader education for members." Noanet is an excellent trader and he has a fantastic service where you can sign up for a free 5 day trial. If you haven't already, go by and check it out and this is where you will find my swing videos. http://www.noanettrader.com/
Good luck Trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment