Thursday, November 21, 2013

How committed are you?


Good morning folks,
Every day it seems I get more and more people looking for help on how they can improve their trading results. I do my best to try and guide people in the right direction but ultimately it comes down to one question. 

How Committed are you?

It requires more than just talking the talk.

 The most common issues I see with new or struggling traders is a lack of preparation and lack of discipline. The great thing about that is they can both be corrected. It just requires a commitment to educate yourself, build a plan for each trade and having the discipline to follow that plan. I have written about this before and this may seem repetitive. However, I can't stress enough just how important it is. You can be successful but it will require a commitment to break bad habits and create new ones. 

Yesterday was another selective trading day for me. I took day trades in $UNIS and $INO. $UNIS was my big winner and $INO was a small two cent loss. 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$ONCY pr lots of overhead resistance, $DXM possible flag break trendline break, $KONG earnings 200 MA bounce play, $CRME pr 5 dolla holla, $CBLI Pr decent daily, $CTIC 2 dolla holla, $JBLU hot daily more of a swing candidate for me, 


Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +1.9% to 15365.6. Hong Kong -0.5% to 23580. China flat at 2206. India -2% to 20229.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.1%. Paris -0.3%. Frankfurt -0.3%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.25%. S&P +0.2%. Nasdaq +0.3%. Crude flat at $93.35. Gold -0.9% to $1246.60.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.8%.
Notable earnings before today's open: ANFBKEBONTCYBXDCI,DLTRGILGMELQDTPDCOSPBTGT
Notable earnings after today's close: ADSKARUNASYSBERY,GEOSGPSINTUMENTMRVLNGVCPROSTSPLKTFMVMEM
Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$ETRM, $NSPH, $MRGE, $III, $ANR, $SSNI, $BLOX, $BCOV, $CYTK, $OPK, $GNVC, $XON, $CORT, $REFR, $OPXA, $ZHNE, $SPEX, $SGOC, $RAD, $DSCO, $DSS, $END, $ETRM, $EXTR,$OTIV, $PRAN, $ONCY. $CXM, $VRNG, $INO, $RMTI,NQ,$OXBT,
$NEON, $INFI, $SHOR, $ONTY,$IPI, $USEG, $SPPI. $IDIX, $DXM, $PEIX, $WYY, $MLNX, $TROV, $AXU, $SCON, $OXGN, $PLM, $OCLR, $PACR, $VNET, $KIOR, $ELON, $JCP, $AMAT, $OGEN, $ARWR, $STXS, $CUR, CY
Good luck trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment