Sunday, October 13, 2013

Discipline another key to success!


Good morning folks Hope you are having a great weekend. 
I have this weeks video watch list and let me tell you>>ITS LONG. 
How Long Is It?

Well I am glad you asked!

 Its so long that I made it last night but it took like 2 hours to upload to Screencast.  So I am not posting it till now. 

Its 43 minutes long. I go over the market, some day trade stocks and some swing candidates in one video .
We are in the midst of earnings season and there will be plays that rise to the surface  that aren't  even on my radar. That is the beauty of earnings season. This is when you want to really pay close attention to press releases and earnings reports. I don't typically like to hold through earnings since you can get an unpleasant surprise as easily as you can get a pleasant one. If I do hold its because I have done my homework on the company or I am holding lotto shares that have a nice profit cushion already built in.

 I want to also inform everyone that I DO NOT just automatically take positions in stocks that appear in my videos. I am looking for a specific event to occur or a trigger to be met. If the setup is still building or needs more time I put on the back burner but I still review it at the end of each day. If its a bad fail on big volume or some sort of negative pr it gets dropped from my priority watch list 

Stocks highlighted in the video for day trade are.

$AFFY< $ALSK $AXAS, $BCOV, $BONE, $CETV, $CYTK, $ECTE,$HTCH, $PRTS $$RMTI, $ZAZA, $TWGP, $MEA, $JRJC, $ZLCS, $AT 

Swing candidates include the following

$END, $ETRM, $EXTR, $HBIO, $LYV, $ONVO, $OTIV, $PBR, $RAD, $ZIXI, $STSI, $OCLR, $LEE 

Here is the link > WARNING once you click here there is no going back so be prepared!!!!! Grab a pillow or a can of Red Bull maybe some sort of electric shocking device to keep you awake. You have been warned.   

“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
 $LLEN, $LIOX, $OPK, $AUDC, $ZIOP, $STXS, $CRIS, $INVN, $CBAK, $KGJI, $DWRI, $MY, $KUTV, $MEET, $BLDR, $PIP, $UNIS, $QTWW, $VVUS, $CTIC, $OSUR

Looks like our esteemed leaders decided to reinsert their heads back into their butts. Unfortunately that means we are probably in for some more volatility over the next few days. Hopefully they won't take this too far. Be careful out there today  

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$PLX bio stock had some phase 1 pr thin onedaily is ugly but might get a bounce here, $FU volotile little sucker gettin some action premarket could be a decent Day trade ONLY, $KLIC decent daily >article, $GLUU pr upgrade and the 3 dolla holla, $SD hot daily, $MNKD pr    

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan, Hong Kong closed. China +1.7% to 2228. India +0.5% to 20624.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.1%. Paris flat. Frankfurt -0.2%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.7%. S&P -0.7%. Nasdaq -0.5%. Crude -0.6%to $101.42. Gold +0.6% to $1276.
U.S. bond markets closed for Columbus Day.
Today's economic calendar:
8:00 PM Bernanke Press Conference

Notable earnings after today's close: PKG
Good luck trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment