Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Great Start to the week!

Yesterday was fantastic from beginning to end. When I have a day like yesterday Its easy to think to myself, I got this, I'm a genius., I'm a trading machine, I can't lose. However, the truth is I am going to have great days and I am going to have some weak days I am going to have losing trades but the key is to have more wins than losses. I need to let my winners run and keep my losses small.

Yesterday was nothing but wins and days like that can almost be scary. $RGDO right out of the gate had a nice pop on the open. I waited for a pullback and nailed it. I scaled out on the way up and let my winner run holding some shares overnight. I also scaled out the remaining shares of an $RMTI swing as it had a nice little pop and at the end of the day I sold off my $IPI swing for as nice profit. It was just one of those days where nothing went against me. While I appreciate days like that, I also know I still have a lot to learn and the markets will continue to teach me new lessons and not all of them will be fun. So I need to temper my confidence just a little and make sure I stay disciplined and I stick to my trading rules

The fed is on deck so the markets could be a little tricky so be careful out there.

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$DNDN pr could have found its bottom,    $WYY making a move premarket   , $NBS pr, $BLRX pr, EXTR upgrade, $BCRX hot daily and pr, $AGEN pr,  $RPRX pr, 

Carry Overs
“Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength
$DRII, $RGDO, $TPC, $CETV, $BCOV, $BONE, $BBRY, $BIOL, $CLNT, $DSCO, $ECTE, $GEVO, $EXTR, $LVN, $OIBR, $OPXA, $MGM, $RMTI, $CTIC, $IPI, $SGMO, $OSUR, $INO, $PIP, $CUR, $IMMU, $MTL, $HBIO, $NCIT, $BEAT, $KTOS,$MEET, $REE, $QTWW 

Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -0.7% to 14312. Hong Kong -0.3% to 23181. China -2%to 2186. India +0.3% to 19804.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.3%. Paris -0.3%. Frankfurt -0.1%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.04%. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq -0.03%. Crude -0.5%to $106.08. Gold -0.05% to $1317.20.
Ten-year Treasury Yield -2 bps to 2.85%.

Notable earnings before today's open: FDS
Notable earnings after today's close: ADBE
Good luck trading today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment