Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Pursuit of Excellence

Good morning folks, 
between the birthday parties, a computer malfunction, TradersAacause the Tim Sykes event it has been a bit hectic around here and I have not had much time to spend on the blog. That is all over now and I can get back into my old routine. 
There were two glaring takeaways from both of the trader events I attended. I have mentioned this before in my workbook for traders but it was really emphasized for me over the two events. 
1 >There is NO SILVER BULLET! 

2 >You must learn your own personal strengths and weaknesses and develop a style that works for you!
I will be sharing more of what I took away from both events over the coming days and weeks as my routine normalizes and I find another venue to replace Ticker TV.

We have had a nice bounce in the markets but I remain skeptical. If you are sitting on some nice trading profits from the move over the last couple of days remember that cash is a viable position. Earnings season is on deck and that should provide us with a better picture of where the markets may be headed near term. 

Stocks on my radar premarket


Bullish and may have lottos in play

Cautiously optimistic

Very Cautious may even present a short opportunity .
05:34:38am
10/06/15
Applied DNA Sciences, Security Marketing Resource Announce Collaboration Agreement
Yes its thin its unknown and it has some really cool tech Full disclosure I am still sitting on some lottos I have been waiting for a significant pullback to reload but it has not happened Looks like it wants to take out 52 week highs> do not chase it but worth watching 
06:41:58pm
09/25/15
Exelixis Resumes Trading +18% Following Announcement of Positive Results from METEOR Phase 3 Pivotal Trial of Cabozantinib in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
 Gapping premarket large short position lots of debt negative cash flow could be a squeezer but be careful and wait fro intraday setup 

Daily is a bit sloppy thin stock no debt negative cash flow decent pr lacking details though could get a 12 roll look for some volume 


02:54:57pm
10/02/15
Civeo CEO Dodson Buys 70,000 Shares @$1.54/Share -Form 4
Full disclosure I own it I have been building a swing position this is the 3rd insider buy the first two were in the 1.86 and 1.89 range Looking for a 2 roll with conviction scale out 2.21 or so 
Looking like it wants to break out of this range lots of shorts don't chase it can be a pop and flopper 
06:31:51am
10/05/15
Willbros Group Announces Sale of Professional Services Segment for $130M to TRC Companies
Yesterdays news coiling under the 2 dolla holla worth watching if oil continues to climb 

08:52:07pm
10/05/15
Novocure Announces FDA Approves Optune in Combination with Temozolomide for Treatment of Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma
New IPO gapping premarket Small floater no history to go off of so be careful but could be a runner with volume look for intraday setup 



No comments:

Post a Comment