Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I made a million dollars in BIOF YESTERDAY!


Good morning folks, 
Actually truth be told I did make a few bucks in BIOF but I should have made a bunch more. I thought I was a genius selling it when it crossed 5. What I should have been doing was buying more. I have a figure in my head where I wanted to book profit on my lotto swings and that is what I did. It was a good example of over-thinking and not playing the action that was in front of me. I am not going to complain but I could have played that trade much better. 

We had a nice bounce in the markets yesterday and today we get some economic data, it will be interesting to see if we can keep up the momentum or if we will continue with the choppy action. 

The watch list from the weekend had some notable movers besides BIOF.

 CLNT had a nice gap up however it is a serial pop and flopper and if you were not already in it then it would have been a difficult to day trade. VIMC & VRS had nice little moves and GALT popped but wound up actually closing in the red. I started a swing in HART which turned out to be good timing since it decided to rip into the end of the day. I did not make a million dollars but overall it was a good day. 

Morning movers and other stocks on my radar

STXS pr nearly a bounce off the 200 day thin one, CLNE nice daily pr this, ACW nice daily 50 day bounce, SSN pr already swinging this name,  DRTX 50 day bounce off of pr, IDN pr dolla holla, WRES nice daily, HPJ tried yesterday but still couldn't break like the daily, DXM more of a grinder seems to be at a key area for a breakout over the 200 day, SQNS 50 day bounce and pr, KIOR active premarket, 

Seeking Alpha
Top Ideas
Insulet (PODD) - new article by Alpha Gen Capital »
Gannett (GCI) - new article by Johannes Salim »
U.S. Silica (SLCA+13.4% since Mar. 4 Michael Filloon article »
Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI+57.6% since Oct. 21 Richard Zeits article »

SA PRO subscribers get an early look at Top Ideas and access to the SA PRO research library. Learn about SA PRO »

Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -0.2% to 14792. Hong Kong +1.3% to 22449. China +0.7% to 2047. India +0.3% to 22446.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.4%. Paris +0.7%. Frankfurt +0.5%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.15%. S&P +0.1%. Nasdaq +0.1%. Crude -0.3% to $101.28. Gold -0.5% to $1287.30.
Ten-year Treasury Yield +3 bps to 2.75%
Notable earnings after today's close: APOL

Best of Success Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment