Thursday, January 9, 2014

Nothing is Impossible




Good morning Folks
I had some technical difficulties yesterday morning which really threw me off my game and I missed some really fantastic setups.
 However, I was able to squeak out a green day taking small scalps here and there and I had a decent trade in $ZGNX . It should have been a far better day but these things are going to happen from time to time. Today should be a much more productive day.    

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye

$IMRS continuation?, $APPY nice daily,  $ACST pr 20 ma bounce, $ASTC nice daily,  $ACHN continuation into the gap fill?, $PGRX continuation, $BIOS love the daily,  $SGMO pr 20 ma bounce hot daily,  $DXM ready for a moving average bounce?, $SQNM pr last night tricky trader so be careful, $ICAD nice daily, $CIMT pr  10 dolla holla?, $XOMA nice daily,  $CRDC thin one pr dolla holla ? , $ATHX pr getting extended on the daily, $SVA flat top breakout kinda look, $CDTI active premarket, $ACLS hot daily and pr 
 Biotech still a smoking hot sector


Seeking Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -1.5% to 15880. Hong Kong -0.9% to 22787. China -0.8%to 2028. India -0.1% to 20713.
In Europe, at midday, London +0.3%. Paris +0.2%. Frankfurt +0.4%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.3%. S&P +0.3%. Nasdaq +0.3%. Crude +0.4%to $92.71. Gold +0.05% to $1226.10.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 2.99%.
Notable earnings before today's open: AYIFDOSVU
Notable earnings after today's close: AAANGOPSMTSNX

As many of you know, I have teamed up with Noanet Trader (@NoanetTrader) in his chat room. Noanet is a great trader, genuine person and now a close friend that shares the same goal as I do: trying to help people become better traders.

Our chat room is unique in our approach: The room isn't just about throwing out stocks for people to follow on and trade. Noanet and I encourage just the opposite. 

Its NOT about "giving people a fish so they can eat for a day, but about teaching people to fish so they can eat for a lifetime."

We want our members to find their own trades, and we try to provide them with the tools and knowledge to do just that. Noanet has tremendous discipline and focus on minimizing loss and maximizing gains, he shares his strategy real time on both, daytrade and swing positions.



The trading strategies that Noa outlines on his blog and in the chatroom, attention to detail, along with his genuine concern for his members is refreshing and its an honor for me to be part of it.
Here is Noanet's blog post including what some of our members are saying they learned from us

From Noanet's Blog:

What A Year It Was

In Just Rambling on January 1, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Reflecting back on the year that was, I am astounded by everything that happened. Exactly a year ago I decided to start a simple, no-frills “lemonade stand” blog and add my voice to the universe of traders and financial bloggers. I had no plans or expectations for it.
Today, a year later, and mostly as a result of the feedback and requests from people who liked my blog and the way I approached trading, the blog has morphed into a growing trading mentoring service with a great community of aspiring and experienced traders.
First of all, none of this would be possible without Howard Lindzon and his incredible market platform, StockTwits, where thousands of traders share trading and investing ideas. Posting my ideas and activity on StockTwits took my blog from complete obscurity to getting nearly 700 daily visitors from 90 countries within six months.
Being on StockTwits also allowed me to meet Tim/VegasTrader66, a great trader, an even better human being, and now a good friend. Tim repeatedly nudged me to start a swing portfolio and I finally relented and did so this past August. He also encouraged me to pull the trigger and start the trading service. I did so only after getting him to promise to be my partner in this venture and this is where we are today.
Yesterday in the chat room, one of our members suggested we ask everyone about the key things they learned from us in 2013. The following is some of the feedback we have received:
  • Many thanks to both of you guys. Minimizing my losses, taking profits, patience are few things right off the bat. – JP
  • My portfolio, since I joined your service, has grown by almost 100%. Conservatively several hundred K. Seriously. Not all due to you and VT’s influence, but worth noting – LL
  • So far the best thing I learned here is patience, waiting for my price, and not chasing and getting caught by the falling knife.  I still have a lot to learn but feel better about 2014 knowing I have you guys in my corner. – CW
  • After flopping around and blindly following advice of others and losing 4K I made some changes.  I found VT and NT on stocktwits and started following their blogs, after they started the chatroom I decided to join and now I’ve made back almost all the money I’ve lost.  I’ve started to learn when to enter, when not to chase, and also to take profits along the way (lots of singles add up to many points, where swinging for homeruns often leads to strikeouts).  My goal is to be better at recognizing setups for breakouts.   Thanks VT and NT for the interactive way of learning. – IK
  • Your time and guidance have been invaluable to me, have saved me a lot of money, thank you very much. From NT I’ve learned about stop losses and that a dollar not lost is a dollar earned. I also learned a lot about patience and timing and that not all trades are successful. From Tim I am learning the difference between being a trader and becoming a successful trader and have developed a healthy respect for charts.From both of you I have developed trust. I am not a pro and trading may never become my primary source of income, but when I do trade I am grateful for both of you and for helping me increase each trades chance for success. – DS
  • A profit is a profit.  Don’t forget to take them and then also pay yourself.  It can be a dinner out, clothes, massage, etc — but remember to reward yourself when you have made money !! – NAB
  • …you guys are helping me “unlearn” bad trading philosophy and practices (doubling down, going in too big, turning day trades into swings when they were not designed to be swings, etc.). Thanks again for what you do! I believe it will be life changing for my family and I in the long run! – FV

What will 2014 bring? I wish I knew, but if it’s half as good as 2013 was for myself, Tim and our member fiends. I will personally be extremely happy.
If you are looking to improve your trading skills (swing, intraday, or both) in 2014, we would love to welcome you to our community. Try us out, free for 10 days.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

http://wp.me/P3QO4L-QJ

No comments:

Post a Comment