Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kinda felt like

Seriously it was like, buy this and watch it do>> nothing! $TVIX which is now banned from ever being traded by me again was the most frustrating since the $VIX at one point was up 13 % and $TVIV barely budged. $NVAX I waited for the pull back and got a decent entry but again nothing! $SVM jumped in it and I knew it was coming up to resistance but I thought with the action in Gold and Silver it would rip right through
> UMMM NOT ! Fortunately I had no patience and decided to bail on nearly all of it flat or for a penny or two in gains which barely cover commissions.
On a brighter note I had a nice revenge trade in $BIOL early in the day and also had a quickie in $MY but other than that it was very uneventful for me. I missed $PBR which I have been stalking and I also missed a nice pop in $WLT. $TASR and $PRMW had a nice day but that is a long term holds for me so while it was a nice move it didn't contribute to any income for the day.
As earnings season winds down it will become increasingly more difficult to find those real poppers to play. So that just means we have to spend a lot more time scanning for setups that coincide with the overall market. Metals, miners and shippers seem to be en vogue. However you need to be cautious regardless trends can change quickly so keep your trades smaller and do not hesitate to bail if it isn't working like it should.
 Today's video watch list
http://www.screencast.com/t/85hpPyswSx

 “Carry overs” are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength.
$AVL, $BCOV, $BIOL, $BPZ, $MNKD, $DRWI, $DYAX, $GLUU, $LYV,  $PBR, $PRAN, $RMTI, $PTIX, $OTIV, $RSH, $RAD, $TASR, $PRMW, $MTL, $AUDC $BEAT, $TROV, $RPTP

Some people say "If you can't beat them, join them". I say "If you can't beat them, beat them", because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye
$MACK snapback play and SA article,  $SRPT bounce off 200 day, $P gettin jiggy pre market don't really like the daily, $MUX continues its move gettin a little stretched though may go test the 200 day, $END daily looks HOT  , $EJ spiking on earnings already up a lot be careful look @$XIN for sympathy play but I would not hold overnight they are both up quite a bit, $DSX flat top break out off pr ??  $POT looks active could be a nice quick trade also look @ $IPI ,$LTS insider buy could be a snapback play, $ARAY pr  

Seeking Alpha

Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan -0.8% to 13650. Hong Kong -0.1% to 22518. China -0.6%to 2068. India -3.9% to 18618.
In Europe, at midday, London flat. Paris +0.1%. Frankfurt -0.2%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow +0.1%. S&P +0.3%. Nasdaq +0.3%. Crude -0.1%to $107.24. Gold flat at $1360.90.
Today's economic calendar:
8:30 Productivity and Costs
8:30 Housing Starts
9:55 Reuters/UofM Consumer Sentiment
Notable earnings before today's open: EJ
Good luck trading today ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment