Monday, August 5, 2013

It was a slow mover for me today

I took a decent trade in $BBRY right off the open and that worked out well. I cut loose a swing booking profit in $DNDN and I missed the high fliers like $SPEX $MCOX and $STXS. $MCOX hurt the most because I had it early but got tied up doing something else and missed the break.
$PACB had a nice move and $AVL continues to climb slowly but surely. VRNG opened hot and closed cool on nice volume which is okay with me since I would rather see a slow steady climb over a huge spike flash in the pan at least until the judge rules on the case then I will take a nice spike.

Instead of a video watch list tonight I am just going to list my carry overs and a few after hours movers. Sorry have friends in town and not enough time. I am sure you are all devastated but I will try and make it up to you. lol

"Carry overs" are stocks that I have featured in prior videos, have on my alert list or tagged on my morning mover lists that still have a potential setup working or developing on the chart that may be actionable. They are still on my radar and I am either already in with a swing or I am looking to enter on a breakout. I am also looking for the setup to breakdown at which point it will discard it from my hot watch list. If I am already in it with a swing I am looking for a place to scale out or exit the trade and on rare occasions I may be adding to my position. Typically I like to sell into strength.

$IMMU, $BBRY, $MGM, $BEAT, $GTAT earnings, $MEET, $PIP, $DSCO, $OCZ , $LEE $EMMS both sympathy plays off Washington post 

Morning movers and other stocks that caught my eye
$REGI SA article like the daily, $PSTI pr, $LIOX thin decent daily earnings, $KWK earnings,  

Solars look to be in play >>AgainSeeing Alpha
Today's Markets:
In Asia, Japan +1% to 14401. Hong Kong -1.3% to 21924. China +0.5% to 2061. India -2.3% to 18,736.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.1%. Paris +0.2%. Frankfurt +0.3%.
Futures at 6:20: Dow -0.1%. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq flat. Crude +0.4% to $107. Gold-0.8% to $1292.40.
Notable earnings before today's open: ACMADMAFSIAKRXALLTARCC,ARCOAYRBPICCCCHTRCMLPCNKCTSHCVSDDBDDISHDNR,DWREEMRENDENDPEXPDFBNFEFOSLGGSHARHCNHPTHSIC,ICEIFFISISKORSKWKLIOXLPXMGMNRGYOAKOMXOXFPH,POZNPQRDCREGNRIGLSATSSESEPSMGSPRSRESTWDTA,TAPTDGTDWTECDTGHTHCTICCTRGTVSIWMCZTS
Notable earnings after today's close: ALJAMTGANDEATOAVNRBIDBIO,BMRCARCFCHRWCHUYCSCCSODDGIDGITDISDPMDVAENOC,ENPHEOGEXELFSLRFSTFURXGGA,GDPGEOSGEVOGIVNGLUU,GPORJAZZLQDTLYVMCEPMEDMRONUANOASONTYORAPRI,PZZAQUADREXXSDSLTMSNTSSPRDSYNCTESOTWOURSVSAT,XNPTZ
Good luck trading today 

No comments:

Post a Comment